As a Senior Software Engineer, you will primarily work as a Lead Engineer for one of Andela’s clients. Andela Senior Engineers are skilled at writing complex applications, have a deep understanding of application lifecycles, databases and services. They are passionate about guidance and mentorship to more junior developers
The specific responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer position include:
- Interfacing with your client to understand their business, goals and visions for products being supported by an Andela Team
- Performing high quality work that not only meets the need of the client, but surpasses it.
- If you are managing a team:
- Ensuring that our engineers are able to understand the business context and value of their tasks, as well as how it impacts users
- Prioritizing the work that your team is responsible for to ensure that you’re always working on the highest value work that helps your clients meet their objectives
- Working with our engineers to decompose high level stories into smaller, specific tasks and provide high level design support to help them understand how to solve specific coding challenges
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to ensure that the work delivered is in accordance with the technical standards of your client
- Encouraging a collaborative team environment
- Regularly reporting the status of your team both to your client as well as senior members of Andela’s Partner Engineering Department.