- The Head Sales will be responsible for overseeing all Sales and Marketing activities of the company and managing the Sales team.
- Lead the Sales operations within the company; solicit potential buyers of policies.
- Motivate, and give continuous training to all members of the sales department.
- Create and implement business strategies and goals; identifying the business risks that maybe involved.
- Work alongside adjusters, investigators, and appraisers in approving claims to ascertain premiums paid on insurances sold.
- Advise clients and dealers on policies and operating procedures to ensure effectiveness of business.
- Consult with units’ heads to plan advertising and obtain information on insurance policies and other consulting service terms when required.
- Oversee the Regional Sales Managers and their team members.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and services as required.
- Provide leadership for effective implementation and measurement of sales and marketing activities.
- Set activities and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
- Play a major role in the development of new products and services.
- Work on Key Account Management plans with the Sales Team Leads.
- Actively monitor sales performance against budget and promptly address the reasons for the variances.
- Identify key areas for improvement in the sales process and ensure the implementation of changes to address challenges.
- Attend conferences to generate new business leads; network with the intention to generate new business for the company.
- Determine discounts and premiums as agreed with other unit heads.
- Improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth by signing on new clients and retaining them.
- Defined long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ related Insurance Sales experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the insurance regulatory environment; The Insurance Act and Regulations and the NAICOM guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Insurance, Actuarial Science or related field.
- A Master’s degree and relevant professional qualification(s) i.e. ACII, ACIIN, is highly desired will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Attribute
- Strong understanding of reinsurance, management and practice and insurance brokerage experience.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Strong marketing skills is essential for this role (it is desired that the candidate already has account being managed to aid their new assignment).
Very attractive with good career prospect and other work benefits.
Insurance Agent-Broker, General-Other: Sales-Business Development
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s to: email@example.com Using ‘HSIBF’ as the subject of the mail.