- The Nigerian Stock Exchange (The Exchange) serves the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Data Scientist will be responsible for sourcing, collating and analyzing The Exchange’s data to provide insights into consumer behaviours.
- The incumbent will also research market trends so as to provide insights that will help The Exchange better engage customers and develop innovative offering, ultimately increasing profitability.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Creates meaningful data visualizations that communicate insights to create business impact
- Explores datasets to inspire the generation of new ideas for business improvement
- Analyses data to draw meaningful insights and translate same into actionable strategies
- Leverages key competitor, consumer, and industry insights to create predictive analytical models which enable the organization better understand consumer behaviour and competitive positioning
- Creates detailed analyses and reports to evaluate the success of initiatives and help identify areas of improvement
- Leverages statistical analysis and modelling to identify feasible investment opportunities
- Manages data appropriately to ensure that it is accessible for future use
- Stays abreast of all relevant technologies and tools
- Presents results to top management using different types of tools such as Tableau, PowerPoint, Excel, etc
- Stays up to date with latest technology, techniques and methods
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Planning and Organizing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant analytics and research experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science or related field
- MSc. In relevant fields such as data Science, Data Analytics, Big Data etc. is an added advantage
- Relevant certification such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attribute
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Data Management
- Database Administration
- Desktop Engineering and Support
- Project Management
- Software Engineering and Development
Grade: Data Scientist
Department: Finance Group
Report to: Chief Financial Officer
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, June 4, 2018