The State Program Officer (SPO) shall, under the direct supervision of the State Team Lead, carry out the following activities:
- Responsible for the implementation of Programme activities in the project states.
- Works with the State Team Lead to ensure that all necessary implementation documents are understood by the implementers
- Ensures HIV Testing Services (HTS) are conducted in line with the required National Standards
- Develops monthly work plan and ensure the work plan is carefully implemented
- Provides direct oversight/supervision to Community Testers and ensure adherence to implementation guidelines in assigned LGAs of operation
- Prepares monthly programmatic reports and share with the State Team Lead to review before submission to ARFH Abuja Office.
- Assist in the identification of potential implementation problems and bottlenecks and recommend appropriate mitigation strategies
- Takes initiative in conducting researches to project impacts to the outside world
- Ensures cordial relationship is created between community and facility players through continuous advocacy to facilitate achievements of grant objectives
- Carry out any other tasks assigned from the country office
- Successful candidates must be very knowledgeable in community interventions especially community HIV testing and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point). Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Similar experience with donor funded programs especially Global Fund CSS grant will be an added advantage. Such an individual must be ready to work in a team and must have excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Applicants must have a minimum qualification of University degree/HND in Sciences or Social Sciences with a minimum of 3 years post NYSC professional experience in HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis or Malaria project implementation.
Knowledge, Skills & Attribute
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English language are also required.
Program Management, General-Other: Project-Program Management
Interested and qualified candidate should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in only one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com
- Interested candidates must indicate the Position and State being applied for in the Subject line of the email
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must also provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Location: Rivers, Oyo, Akwa Ibom, Kaduna
Type of Appointment: Full Time
Duration: Eighteen (18) months